Hoppin Hot Sauce began in 2016 but the inspiration gathered together long before.. gather ’round and hear the Story of Hoppin Hot Sauce.
The Story Of Hoppin Hot Sauce
- 1970s- California Cuisine: Alice Waters starts a food movement based on fresh ingredients and creates “California Cuisine.” I’m raised on the stuff.
- 1995- Celia’s Visit: My friend Celia comes to visit for holidays from Mexico City. She brings tamales, a traditional Mexican Xmas food and introduces me to the puya pepper.
- 2014- Grandpa’s Meyer Lemons: My grandfather has a Meyer lemon tree in his backyard. I get fresh lemons. (Meyer lemons were made popular by Alice Waters) They contain the same chemical found in the herb thyme.
- 2015- Party Time: I start bringing my homemade sauce to dinner parties and BBQs. After perfecting the ingredients, I create batches to share with friends.
- 2016- The Big Time: I start selling my sauce to local restaurants in the Bay Area and Los Angeles.
- 2018- XX Launches: Officially on the shelves in grocery stores. New! XX for extra kick.