My name is John, I’m 42 years old, husband, father, owner of Hoppin Hot Sauce, KFJC radio DJ, podcaster and I have multiple sclerosis (MS). I made this podcast to share what I’m going through.What’s The Matter With Me? Podcast mission statement
I created the What’s The Matter With Me? Podcast to give myself a support mechanism to deal with the pressure of having multiple sclerosis, becoming a father, and embarking on a business venture. Episodes are released weekly and run about thirty minutes.
Last Five Episodes
- Body Horror, Part Two Welcome to “Gum Scrape” on the What’s The Matter With Me? Podcast In "Gum Scrape," I'm finally on the verge of completing my dental implants. I went to the dentist and he got after me with an X-acto knife. Tube-Tying I cut the cord in 2012 And now I have cable in 2023 and I don't ever want to be without live sports. Probably I don't really feel that way but my son does and my wife certainly disagrees rafa lost to mackenzie mcdonald rafa had rf procedure on his foot for nerve pain mcdonald trained […]
- Disabled Owned & Operated Welcome to “Disabled Business Owner” on the What’s The Matter With Me? Podcast In this episode, I'm going through the books and wrapping up 2022 for my business when I discover that I've totally spaced and forgot to bill for the biggest order of the year. It happened last year, right around when I was about to go into surgery. Shout Outs Shout outs to KFJC's Klaud hopper who was on the air on kfjc filling in for lucky j Sunday morning 6-9 Kid's Game I'm obsesssed with World Chase Tag On The Flipside I got […]
- NEW YEAR'S MIRACLE: A rotisserie chicken Welcome to “Cooking While Disabled 2023” on the What’s The Matter With Me? Podcast In this episode, I find myself doing a lot of cooking while disabled which involves adaptation and interpretation of recipes that generally aren't written with disabled people in mind. We've got to eat, regardless. There's an influx of produce at the house because we sized up our weekly vegetable box in the new year. The kids are home from school which compresses the day, as they come home from camp in the afternoon and from then on it can be […]
- Welcome to "New Year's Epiphanies," Episode 1 of What's The Matter With Me? Podcast Season Seven This episode marks the transition to a new year, new theme song, and hopefully some new ways of thinking. The Season Seven theme song is "Beast" https://soundcloud.com/hot-mops/beast Listeners grew 144% from 2021 to 2022 I advised my son not to brag on his presents and I think he heard me https://twitter.com/johnhoppin/status/1610105614755311616 Weird Al = Weird AI? Maybe Weird Al should play Superman I made pot roast and ate it the same day, Christmas eve. burnt some cookies Christmas wars New sleep apnea iron lung […]
- Taking a look back at the year on the What's The Matter With Me? Podcast Welcome to the What's The Matter With Me? Podcast "Year In Review" Season Seven will begin in the new year. Tune in for the year end wrap-up of Season Six, the biggest season we've ever had. Listen for a year-end run down of all the things that crossed the bow of WTMWM? in 2022. It was a big year, a good year. Let's get into it. Holiday In Cambodia https://youtu.be/-KTsXHXMkJA Essential coming-of-age My wife doesn't know "Holiday In Cambodia" by the Dead Kennedys and that […]