My name is John, I’m 42 years old, husband, father, owner of Hoppin Hot Sauce, KFJC radio DJ, podcaster and I have multiple sclerosis (MS). I made this podcast to share what I’m going through.What’s The Matter With Me? Podcast mission statement
I created the What’s The Matter With Me? Podcast to give myself a support mechanism to deal with the pressure of having multiple sclerosis, becoming a father, and embarking on a business venture. Episodes are released weekly and run about thirty minutes.
Last Five Episodes
- Artist Gary Cannone was diagnosed with multiple sclerosis in 2013, and I had the chance to interview him about his work, advocacy, and being an artist with MS.
- I made it through surgery- artist Gary Cannone preview- Helen Garner on fate- awkward dinner party conversation.
- I'm getting ready for surgery, the kids are playing soccer, there's heat dome, and the podcasts that kids are making are something else.
- I went for a walk with my daughter and my wheelchair tipped over. It didn’t seem to scare her too much– afterwards she swung on the swings
- I said something ableist to someone I admire. What would I say (or not) now that I've spent some time working on my disability consciousness?