Smoked ham hocks and Hoppin Hot Sauce Original Flavor create a delicious harmony in this easygoing pressure-cooker take on a Southern soul food classic: braised collard greens. Using a pressure cooker makes this recipe super-easy and suitable for a weeknight meal. Ham hocks combined with the chipotle chiles in the hot sauce is an incredibly crowd-pleasing smoky combination. Serve mac and cheese alongside and you’ve got dinner on the table in under an hour.
Easy Collard Greens with Ham Hocks
- 1 smoked ham hock
- 1 pound collard greens, center stems removed, rolled up, and cut into 1/2 inch strips
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 ½ cups chicken stock
- 1 ½ tablespoons Hoppin Hot Sauce Original Flavor
- 1 ½ tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- Add all ingredients to your pressure cooker.
- Seal and cook on high pressure for 35 minutes. Rest until the pressure naturally releases.
- At this point, the greens should be tender and the meat should come off of the bone pretty easily.
- Take the meat out of the cooker, and separate the meat from the bones and loosely chop it up. Discard bones, skin, and connective tissue, and return the meat to the pot. Taste for seasoning.
- Serve right away, with extra Hoppin Hot Sauce on the side. Enjoy!